5 Simple Things You Can Do To Help Sell Your House
When it's time to sell your house, a million things could be running through your mind; Where will I move? Do I have everything covered? Do I have everything I need? Is everything ready to sell? Aside from getting the family ready and packing, there are a couple of simple things you can do in order to help your house sell. We've spelled them out for you to make your life a bit easier during this hectic time.
5 simple things you can do to help your house sell:
1. Talk with a realtor. Realtors know what a house should look like as well as what to do in order to make it sell better. They are experts and can help your house sell. But, do your research with a realtor. Ask them questions and make sure that this relationship is one that will work for you and your family.
2. Make sure your price is right. When it comes to anything, including houses, the price needs to be correct. Your realtor should compare your house to other homes that recently sold in your neighborhood. An effective realtor knows that research is the key in developing a price to sell your house.
3. Leave the emotions aside. Many people become attached to their house, which is understandable. Your family could have grown up and created several memories in the same home that you are preparing to sell. However, it is very important to to make rational decisions and prepare for the future because families grow and housing markets often shift.
4. Set goals. Goals are a must to help your house sell. Talk to your realtor and know what your price point is, what type of deal you want, i.e. cash, 30-day close, etc. Make sure both you and your realtor know what is happening up front and know what to expect with the goals you have set.
5. Be excited. Leaving your old house should be an exciting new chapter in your life. Whether your family is expanding or your job is relocating you, being ready and excited will help close this chapter to help your house sell.
If you or someone you know is looking for a realtor or you are looking for more tips to help your house sell, contact us here. We also have a Free MLS Search to help you find your new home. For more information, please visit our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages for more tips on how to help sell your house.
Why You Should Hire A Realtor When Looking or Selling
Many people like to do things on their own. Independence starts at a young age when your parents tell you not to run too fast or don't peddle your bike too quickly because you might crash. This independence travels with you through out your life and has a little rebel feel to it, which is attractive, even subconsciously to most.
When deciding if you should hire a realtor when you're looking to buy or sell, think no further because the answer should always be yes, and here's why:
Deciding whether or not you should hire a realtor can be a difficult practice at times. You need one that understands your needs well enough to represent you when buying and when selling. However, do you really need one, is a question many people ask themselves when thinking of a move.
Another deciding factor on whether or not you should hire a realtor is, according to the Florida Association of Realtors
, "82 percent of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts." Past contacts are not something that you have in your back pocket, realtors do. They can also easily search their database to find you something that's within your budget and comes close to what you're looking for. They can easily place their new listing on the search as well through their MLS system, which shows other realtors in the area that the house is for sale and open for negotiation.
You should hire a realtor because they also help you negotiate the deal. Finding a realtor that really understands your needs is a must. If they understand you and the needs of your family, the negotiation process will go smoothly. You can sit back and allow them to get you the money you want for the house you're buying or selling.
A realtor is someone who you need to be able to trust and who needs to lead you in the right direction. If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell a house please contact me here.